Blankos Block Party Open Beta Patch Notes
Open Beta introduces a milestone patch for Blankos Block Party. Not only can anyone download for free, but we’re fixing up the junction and adding in some new changes. Open Beta will be live December 10th along with all these changes.
5 NEW BLANKOS
Introducing 5 new Blankos! Majo, Altidude, Watermelonie, Lumberjack, and Dazzle are hitting the Junction for Open Beta.
‘Tis the season… to party! Show off some seasonal flair with new accessories in the in-game store. Head to the store to get Reindeer Antlers, Candy Cane Beanie, X-Mas Bow, and Candy Cane Shoes!
The Junction is popping with new Gigs available! As a reminder, Gigs are the in-game quests you can complete in the Junction. This also means there are new accessories to collect! Look for the NPCs with green beacons and question marks over their heads. Raif, Dati & Zati, and Jetpack Jenny are all waiting with 3 gigs each.
We are introducing hit markers for the shooting mode. This will be a big improvement on understanding if you got a hit on an enemy.
QUALITY OF LIFE UPDATES
REMOVAL OF SHIELD VISUAL EFFECT
At the start of races, the shield visual effect would obscure the screen and in some cases, cause performance issues. We will be removing the shield bubble, but will be keeping the temporary invulnerability at the start of games.
SIGNAGE AROUND QUICKPLAY PORTALS
We have added signage around the quickplay portals in the Junction to better indicate their purpose. Hint: You’re supposed to jump in these!
UPDATED VIBE ENERGY METER AND SKILL ICON
We’ve updated the Vibe energy meter to better display your energy resources and your class skills. This should help in knowing how to manage your energy and skills to use.
BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF WHICH TEAM YOU’RE ON
We have changed the display of information for which team you’re on so it’s a bit more clear who is a friendly Blanko, and who is a Blanko who is not friendly. (Who am I kidding, they’re all friendly! I hope Watermelonie wants to be my friend).
NEW INTERACTIVE: LAVA
We are adding Lava to everyone’s inventory! Head to Build > Block Manager > Inventory when in your Block > Interactives and you’ll find some lava there!
SIZE ADJUSTMENTS TO BASIC ITEMS
We’ve adjusted the proportions of some Basic items to make them the same scale as other Basics.
MATCHMAKING AND PARTIES UPDATES
- When waiting for a party to start, you can now hold Y (Microsoft controller), Triangle (Sony Controller), or ‘P’ on keyboard for 2 seconds to start a party.
- After a Party ends, the “Random” option is now default and in the center. This will send the group into already open lobbies, making it easier to get bigger parties.
- In the pre-game lobby, we made it so we are displaying the name of the Block Party and the win conditions.
- Pressing Tab or the menu button on controllers brings up the scoreboard for the current game in progress. But this was hidden. The option is now displayed on the HUD.
- There are now better display prompts for Crew menus. Press B or R3 on controller to bring up your crew at any time.
- We have made improvements to the Jetpack audio and the correct sound for Lolli Jetpack has been added.
- Fixed music permanently ducking after Race checkpoints and other sounds.
- Improvements to voice priorities that should fix weapon audio cutting out in large shooting matches.
- Added variation to Loading Screen music so it's not so repetitive. “Ba ba, buh-ba ba, du du du, duh-du du du…”
- Added variations to all Junction music themes so they are more interesting.
- Festivised all Junction music for the Holidays.
- Copy Link